2017 Belvedere Solar Data Analysis Highlights
Belvedere has been accumulating data on solar projects we have quoted since 2012. In 2017 alone we quoted over $240 million in systems and collected data from almost 400 quotes.
Here are some highlights
- Average system prices continued to drop – from $2.97/watt DC in 2016 to $2.78 in 2017.
- A third of ground-mount systems were priced below $2 per watt.
- 75% of quotes were to PG&E or SDG&E customers, probably reflecting more solar-friendly tariffs.
- Half of all quotes were for roof-top systems. Carports made up only 13% of systems.
- 60% of commercial prospects requested a true lease quote.
- Almost a quarter of all quotes were for non-profit/government projects – PPA isn’t the only answer.
The full, 10-page report breaks down the data by type and size of system, financing structure requested by customers, and key system parameters including price per watt, projected output, and projected savings.
If you would like a copy, give us a call.
Customized Solar Financing Solutions